Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Social Media



Ahhh. Social Media.




To be honest I’m not totally sure why I am the one (of the three of us) writing this post. I have an aversion to all things technical. Including but not limited to: Smart Phones, Printers, Hard Drives, Face Book, Instagram, Pintrest…OK so you get the picture. 

Basically I have a hard time accepting the fact that I have to Face Book, Instagram, Snap Chat blah blah blah.


Since day one of the formation of our group Monica and Sarah have been harping on me to get out there. Have a presence on line. 

Monica gave me a great piece of advice when I was finally convinced to join social media. She said: “Pick one.” Just one and see what I can do with that. Yeah I can do that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog and decided that as my very own thing I would test out Twitter.

It took MONTHS of convincing to get me to get a Twitter account. And for real for like the first seven to ten days I was on it CONSTANTLY. I loved it. I had like fifty followers in the first few days I was on!

But…deep down I knew I would taper off. I’m more of an I-have-four-friends-and-i-like-it-that-way kind of person. Don’t get me wrong I love, love, love reading about funny things peoples cats do, new books being launched, teaser pages of upcoming books and so on. It’s just hard for me to figure out what is worth saying in my life when all these amazing things are happening to all the people I follow. 

I know how important it is to put myself (and my work!) out there but it’s a challenge to keep up with life/work/writing/kids/school obligations/this blog! And leave time to Twitter/Face Book/Instagram.

Well, I know haven’t been the best Twitterer but I do know that in this “business” how important it is to build a platform/share my work with others/put it out there. This blog has helped me so much with my writing and letting little snippets of my personality out into the world I don’t know if I would be able to stop. Some days when I have a severe case of writer’s block I just focus on my next blog topic and things just come and then…Guess what! My writing is better too! 

Being “out there” makes me nervous but what happens if/when a book sells? Yep you guessed it “being out there”. So…Watch out Twitter! I’m BACK!

What is your social media favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment